Wednesday, May 28, 2014

23 Mobile Things: Thing 22

Discovering Apps

I tried out Droid of the Day. There's some fun stuff out there, no doubt about it. I even found some I thought I'd like. But I'm married to a tech guy. So maybe I'm a bit more cautious than most about downloading stuff when I don't know anything about it. How do I know there's not a Trojan horse hiding somewhere in that free app? I don't think it's possible that whoever puts out DOTD can dig deeply enough into the code for any given app to make sure there's no malware lurking. I'm also pretty protective of my privacy, and don't feel like letting any little app know all the things they seem to want to know.

So I looked at these for a few days, but decided to uninstall it. I'll take my app downloading a bit more slowly, and only download those I'm at least somewhat sure won't come back to haunt me.

No comments:

Post a Comment