Thursday, May 22, 2014

23 Mobile Things: Thing 20

Games

I tried out Take Ten!, as it looked to be more of a logic kind of puzzle than one that relied on speed or excellent hand/eye coordination. While I love games, I'm not into video gaming, in large part because I find the rushing necessary to complete a task in a given time most stressful. I thought having to pair up numbers to clear the screen would be fun.

Not so much.

For one thing, there's a time limit. For another, from what I saw in the few games I played, there's often no way to win. The game presents you with several lines of numbers. The object is to clear the screen, either by pairing identical numbers, or adding two numbers together to get to 10. Those numbers must be next to each other, either horizontally or vertically, or only separated by blank spaces. If you get stuck, the game will give you a clue - if there's one to be had. If not, your options are to quit, add more rows, or shuffle the existing numbers. I tried adding more lines, but not the shuffle. I didn't come close to winning. When I stopped, I realized my shoulders had risen to ear level in the 5 or 10 minutes I'd been playing! I've left it on my phone for now, but rather doubt I'll be doing much with it.

I see so many people on Facebook who spend all kinds of time playing Candy Crush or some such game. Frankly, it gets annoying, to see all the posts asking for one thing or another, or proclaiming the level reached. 

Perhaps I'll look for some other game - maybe crossword puzzles, where I can take my time...

No comments:

Post a Comment