Saturday, April 19, 2014

23 Mobile Things: Thing 9

Taking and Editing Photos

Photo Editor by Aviary

I tried this one and just wasn't wild about it. Yes, I could add some frames around a photo, or put in a caption or some other stuff, but it wasn't really photo editing as I think of it. You can't crop a picture, or reduce red eye or other fairly standard edits. I did manage to lighten a really dark picture I took somewhat, and had some fun playing with another shot, but I found the interface kind of clunky. I added a caption in the wrong place - because you couldn't see it against the background - but didn't realize it until I'd moved on to another function. Then the app wouldn't let me go back and change the caption - either to move it, or, as I recall, to change the font color.  I ended up deleting all the changes and starting over. I can see teens having fun playing with it, and perhaps I'll use it to alter pictures for publicizing a program, but it won't be something I use on any kind of regular basis.

I did happen to find another website (not an app) I used once and will likely use again.  I wanted to combine four pictures into one. www.quickpicturetools.com was just the ticket.  It took a few tries to get it to work, but pretty soon I had my four combined images.

No comments:

Post a Comment