Thursday, April 24, 2014

23 Mobile Things: Thing 10

Sharing Photos

I elected to try out Instagram. I did not, at this time, make my profile very public. Again, a choice I made about my privacy. I had fun playing with a photo, adding a frame, changing the look and tilting it. I don't know that I'll use it much personally, as I don't take all that many picture with my phone when I'm at home. And when I travel, I never post that I've gone until I'm back. Seems foolish to me to broadcast to the world that you're away from home!

But I do have plans to use Instagram this summer with the teens at my library.  I'm going to send them on a photo scavenger hunt. They'll do things like act out the title of a book, look for something red, find something shiny and so on. We're then going to use something called instafeedlive to create our slide show.  instafeedlive allows users to create a custom hashtag for their photos.  I'll have one set up beforehand, and can customize the display to a degree (they have some free basic styles - you pay for the more elaborate ones). The teens can then upload their photos and we have an instant slideshow. The site creates a slide show for you automatically and immediately, adding new pictures in as they're uploaded.  So easy and fun! Yes, I could create a slide show with PowerPoint or something like that, but then I have to upload all the photos and that would be really slow.  The advantage here is the speed.  Teens aren't good at waiting, and this will let them see everything in a matter of minutes. There's a free trial going on through June right now, if anyone else is interested.  Just google the name and look for the coupon. I found this through Pinterest - oh, the way things connect.

No comments:

Post a Comment