Thursday, March 13, 2014

23 Mobile Things: Thing 7

Content Saving

I've used Pinterest for a couple of years now,  nearly always for work.  It's great! Since local libraries no longer use the CSLP program, with its suggested activities manual, I tend to get stuck.  What does one do for Bookawocky? The term doesn't lend itself to inspiration. Pinterest to the rescue! I can troll it for ideas from others using the CSLP program, and have found great stuff that way. I've found lots of inexpensive or free things I can do with my teen patrons, too, critical given my small budget. I had a Hunger Games party and found ideas for that as well.  It's so nice for collecting items like this.  I really only have one board that's personal, and I use it for recipes.

I downloaded the mobile app.  I can't see myself using it much. Other than taking a bit to figure out how to get to my pins and boards, it looks much the same as the full app.  But it's that searching for content on my little screen, instead of a full one... I like multiple windows, too. And honestly, an 8 step procedure to pin a page on my phone is a bit much.  Since I use the site mostly for work, I do most of my work on it at, well, work!

No comments:

Post a Comment