Thursday, June 5, 2014

23 Mobile Things: Thing 16

Audio

I gave ipadio a try. It took a while to figure it out, but it was fun. We have a librarian here who's having a baby soon, and we're throwing her a shower. We know it's a girl, and somehow everyone working here is female, so I'm going around to the staff and asking them to say something short and sweet about their favorite book growing up. I'm adding a picture of the book cover to each short audio track. We'll get her exposed to all kinds of stuff she may not have thought of.

I have a couple of quibbles. First, I had hoped to be able to add pictures to specific sections of audio, so I could change book cover images as the recording went along. While you can add multiple images to a clip, they're just all there. But at least I can do four at a time, instead of just one!

And even though the app says it supports jpeg files, I couldn't get those to work. Fortunately, it takes .png files, so it was fine.

I like that ipadio has fairly detailed instructions easily accessible on my phone. For too many of these apps, you have to go on the full web version, or search somewhere else for help. That kind of defeats the purpose.

This could be a quick way for teens to create quick and easy book reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment