Thursday, June 5, 2014

23 Mobile Things: Thing 14

Videos

I gave Viddy a try. I'm not a fan. In some places it says you get 30 seconds; in others, 15. It's 15. I was able to record without issue, but editing was another issue. You can add a few filtering effects, you can add some sound tracks, but I couldn't figure out how to do much of anything beyond that.  Supposedly you can change the volume of the soundtrack vs. the recorded audio, but I never found the controls to do so.  Just about all the instructions I saw were for iPhones, not Androids, and you can hardly tell the interfaces are for the same product.

I went to the website and looked at the help page to see how to delete a viddy. It said to go to my profile page. I tried that 3 times, and the app crashed every time. I never got there. That was the chief complaint I saw in the Google Play Store. Perhaps it's the age of my phone? I have the Galaxy SIII. At any rate, I uninstalled it, with my crummy little test videos still there, unable to do what I'd hoped to do. 

Not only would I not recommend this app, I'd discourage people from using it.

No comments:

Post a Comment