Thursday, January 23, 2014

23 Mobile Things: Thing 1

Blogging and Registering

Since this is my fourth blog, I found it easy to get the blog set up and registered. I think the book background is perfect for me, even if this blogs relates to modern technology. I don't ever foresee myself giving up books! I'm looking forward to this challenge.  I consider myself reasonably tech-savvy (I DO spend most of my work time using a computer), but I know I don't keep up with all the latest things, nor do I use my phone beyond a fraction of its capability.  Once I get to new things, I can usually figure them out, but one has to know something exists before using it! I seem to recall Dick Cheney getting grief for saying something on the order of "We don't know what we don't know," but it's one thing he said that I do actually agree with.  It makes perfect sense to me.

I work with teens here at the Hardwood Creek branch of the Washington County Library system, and I worry that we don't do a good job reaching them where they are with our current online offerings. They're not following us on our Facebook page; I don't know if they read my emails...  I'd like to see us do better. Certainly I'd like to see us offer something more interactive.

So my interest in this challenge is two-fold:
To get my skills up to date.
To find new ways to reach and interact with teens.

No comments:

Post a Comment